Park City Community Church
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
A community of open hearts, open minds, and open doors ...
Park City Community Church was one of the first Protestant churches in the area, established by a Methodist Circuit Rider in the small mining town of Park City in 1881. By 1898 there was another Congregational church in town, but the great fire of that year razed both churches along with much of the town. Both churches rebuilt, but as the mining industry struggled these two churches chose to combine into one, calling themselves the Park City Community Church and coming under the denominational authority of the Methodist Episcopal Church (now the United Methodist Church). The "old" Park City Community Church was built around that time at the corner of Park Avenue and Fourth Street in Old Town Park City where the congregation remained until moving to its current location in 1991. A new fellowship hall and classroom addition was completed in 2005.
The original Park City Community Church building in Old Town. It is now a private home.
PCCC is a United Methodist congregation and part of the Rocky Mountain Conference of the United Methodist Church. Though part of the denomination, people come to PCCC from a variety of Christian denominations and affiliations. Our denominational motto of "Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors" really fits us as we are a congregation of permanent residents, second home owners, seasonal visitors and vacationers who bring with them a variety of viewpoints and experiences. What holds us together is a deep faith in Christ and a desire to make his Kingdom a reality "on earth as it is in heaven." Our core values, doctrines, and practices are centered on Scripture and the United Methodist Book of Discipline. We invite you to check out the United Methodist web site for specific information on United Methodist theology, structure, mission, and practice.